Saturday, February 24, 2007

Who Is 30plusteacher?

After 30 plus years in education I’ve seen it all and done it all.

I’ve taught many of the parents of the students I now teach and in some cases the grandparents, too.

I’ve seen education policy and strategies recycled, repackaged, and reinstituted too many times to count. Administrators, system officials, research gurus, and legislators have come and gone in their attempt to swing the education pendulum this way and that as they pose problems they can use to justify their jobs.

These problem posers come and go…….the only constant remains the classroom where teachers and students interact.

My hope here is to discuss best practices, the problems that I see as stumbling blocks for classroom teachers, and to use my experience to provide insight for educators as well as parents in a rapidly changing society.

No comments: